As a serious runner participating in marathons, I found that gym training is necessary to strengthen your muscles as well as building up your speed. The most practical piece of equipment is a treadmill, which can be used in the comfort of your home when it is impossible to practice outdoors.
The most important aspect of training for long distance races is getting the mileage in your legs; often supported by anaerobic and weight training in a gym to warm up. To help me with the warm up, it has always been my practice to run to the gym but because of weather conditions and now the ever escalating costs of keeping a vehicle on the road and not even mentioning the traffic congestion, I decided to buy one of the best treadmills for home use.
I had a look at various models and experts recommended that I buy a middle of the range treadmill. In researching, I came across the TR1200i from LifeSpan at a discounted rate of less than $1000 which seemed best for me.
What a bargain and to crown it all, free shipping was offered.
Disclaimer: I am not associated with any of the product companies, the review has been written from my personal experience and reviews from other real users on different sites..
The TR1200i has everything needed for serious training. It caters for a speed of 12 mph and gradient of 12% that is adequate for average runners. ( Usain Bolt will find it too slow I presume.)This treadmill is very durable and its features make it one of the best treadmills for running or walking.
You can even listen to music via the built in USB port or for the more discerning listen to motivational programs.
It enables you to train in the comfort of your own place. It comes with a powerful 2.5 HP motor supported by a lifetime guarantee
The 20” x 56” running surface will accommodate trainers of sizes up to a weight of 300 lbs. Ideal for body builders looking for extra stamina and also those who want to lose weight at home fast. To help you with your training program, you can store your performance statistics and upload it to your online Lifespan account.
Features Which Makes It One of the Best Treadmills for the Money
[su_list icon=”icon: foursquare” icon_color=”#93f982″]
- The TR1200i controls your speed, incline level, heart rate and all data can be stored via a USB port for uploading to the LifeSpan website. This backup will entitle the owner to have all required information for group discussions and feedback to best treadmills for running or walking.
- There are various programs available to help you train effectively and correctly.
- The inclusion of heart rate programs will help you to train safely and correctly.
- The program keeps track of your heart rate, adjusts speed, and inclines automatically.
- Membership to the LifeSpan Fitness Club is also included, which is ideal to communicate with fellow trainers.[/su_list]
324 reviews on Amazon of which 63% awarded 5 stars.
This best brand supported by its quality and long lasting results make the TR 1200i treadmill a great buy, even at the normal retail price.[su_list icon=”icon: thumbs-o-down” icon_color=”#ff3096″]
- ON THE DOWNSIDE[/su_list]
A treadmill review stated that the heart rate monitor leaves a lot to be desired and a more professional one like Garmin or Pulsar will make it an even more attractive buy. On the other hand the $500 saving can be used to buy a professional body strapped heart rate monitor.[su_list icon=”http://knowhowtoloseweightfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/RECOMMENDATION.png”]
The TR 1200i was rated amongst the top 10 most popular and best treadmills for the money in 2016.
Price: It will cost not more than thousand bucks.
[button type=”bd_button btn_middle” url=”http://amzn.to/1mfl8RF” target=”on” button_color_fon=”#3fc2da” button_text_color=”#ffffff” ]Get Exact Price here from Amazon[/button]
Using this link you can get discount and free-shipping for the treadmill (save/bookmark it for using when in need of it)[su_list icon=”http://knowhowtoloseweightfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/images.png”]
Also check best recumbent exercise bikes or best elliptical machines
Other best treadmills for home use :
- On amazon, This treadmill sells less than its recommended retail value and is a light commercial treadmill so much cheaper than those used by the gyms but just as solidly built. It is ideal for the home user but almost an overplay.
- It offers comprehensive warranties on the powerful 4 HP motor as well as other components.
- The LCD is very informative and training programs are provided to assist with the training.
- The frame is solid and extremely heavy so be aware that assembling the treadmill could be an onerous task.
- This is a solidly built treadmill and a perfect treadmill for use in the comfort of your home where you can train even in winter conditions.
- It should last a lifetime as evidenced by the manufacturer’s warranty of 10 years on the motor and 5 years on the frame.
- Even the electronics are guaranteed.
- The running deck is cushioned and will protect the knees, ankles and foot soles of the runner.
- The instrumentation is easy to read and training programs are provided to help you with professional advice about running programs.
Read full review and dicount here[su_heading]Life Fitness F3 Go Folding Treadmill [/su_heading]
- This one of the best treadmills for home use treadmill is for serious runners and provides everything that is required for proper training at a price of $2599.
- The padded deck provides ample soft cushioning to prevent injuries like stress fractures and protects the knees and foot soles, an important factor in road running.
- This treadmill comes with everything that is needed for proper and safe training.
- The dashboard provides all information needed for effective and safe training in a home without the attendance of qualified professionals.
Read our full review with discount link here[su_heading]Yowza Fitness Lido [/su_heading]
- An excellent folding treadmill that can be used everywhere at an affordable price.
- It is one of the easiest to assemble and very much like a turnkey operation.
- Buyers are ecstatic about its looks and the lifetime warranty makes it a good buy.
For customer reviews and price click here
BASIC TREADMILLS UNDER $500
For those people that are not avid and serious runners but merely need a treadmill to use in the comfort of their homes, there are cheaper models available without all the professional programs and support provided by more expensive models.
They might be cheap but are still solidly built and good value for money.[su_heading]Confidence GTR Power Pro[/su_heading]
- At a price that will suit your pocket and is currently offered for $300.
- If you would like to own a light but durable home treadmill that is electrically operated; this is the one to consider.
- It will provide the discerning trainer with a tool to build up your stamina.
- It is for the average runner/trainer who likes walking and jogging in the comfort his/her home whilst watching TV or listening to music.
- Another basic model for the home user at an affordable price of $370 new.
- It is light and folds easy so you can move it around in your house or take it on your trips.
- The incline steepness has two settings and manually adjusted..
- If you want to keep a personal diary of your progress (or regress), the dashboard provides you with the basics like distance travelled, speed attained and calories used.
- Treadmill reviews are mostly positive with minor complaints immediately rectified by Amazon.
- This a foldable treadmill under 500
- Relatively cheap but solidly constructed.
- The console is very informative and records all the relevant information.
- Speed can be adjusted which is ideal if you are getting overly excited and running too fast.
- This affordable treadmill offers the buyer a solid piece of equipment.
- The speed can be adjusted manually that makes it ideal for elderly people
- The LCD provides all the information required for proper training.
9 other best treadmills for home use with 4+ Star Ratings with 25+% Discounts
- LifeSpan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk
- Sole F85 Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F65 Folding Treadmill
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i
- Sole Fitness F80 Folding
- Xterra Fitness TR6.6
- Sole Fitness S77 Non-Folding
- LifeSpan TR800-DT3 Standing Desk
This is just a review of a few treadmills that can be used at home. I suggest that you have a look at your budget and buy accordingly as there are treadmills with basics and very expensive ones as well.
My recommendation is the TR1200i stands at no 1 position in the list of best treadmills for home use & for your money. It offers more than what is required for training at home.